Effective October 2011
We reserve the right to modify these policies from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. Any changes we make to these policies will be applied to all data collected on the Site. We recommend Users visit the Site or any of our dealerships periodically to review any changes in our practices.
What Information is Collected?
A User’s personal information may be collected through various sections of the Sites, including (without limitation) portions of the Sites dedicated to new or used vehicle searches, vehicle inquiries, service regarding existing vehicles, employment opportunities, automotive parts inquiries, or other general inquiries that may be directed to Luther Automotive or a particular dealership. The Site may also collect a User’s general information (such as the type of browser used, the files requested or the User’s preferences ) to improve the Site and better meet User needs.
The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
• A User’s identity or contact information, such as their name, address and phone number;
• A User’s transaction history with Luther Automotive for automotive products or services;
• A User’s username, password and cell phone number to create a user profile for vehicle service purposes;
• A User’s vehicle information, such as the Vehicle Identification Number, license plate number, manufacturer, model and other details regarding a User’s vehicle to process requests for service or generate quotations for service costs;
• Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by a User’s web browser and/or stored on the User’s computer to allow our server to “recognize” the User and assist with the navigation of the Sites.
• Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
• A User’s IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide more personalized vehicle information.
How is Personal Information Used?
We collect basic information about our Users in order to conduct business and provide services to them. We use personal information about our Users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
• Providing vehicle information to Users based on vehicle searches and inquiries;
• Providing quality vehicle maintenance service through email and online service and parts inquiries and appointments;
• Tracking information about a User’s last visit, such as technical information related to a particular vehicle or dealership;
• Learning about who our Users are, how often they visit us, and their expectations pertaining to our services, products and vehicles so we can continue to meet their needs;
• Sending or initiating direct marketing programs;
• Contacting Users regarding their vehicles or an inquiry regarding one of our vehicles.
How is User Information Shared and Protected?
Luther Automotive may provide User information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes which include, but are not limited to, initiating direct marketing programs, data tracking, maintenance or development of the Sites, development of User service or new product development or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to the User. Luther Automotive may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors or other respective owners. Luther Automotive may also share the User’s personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We employ administration, technical and physical safeguards to maintain the confidentiality of the User’s nonpublic personal information.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we endeavor to use and disclose our Users’ personal information as provided above, Users can choose not to provide personal information or to limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
• Users may have their email or electronic contact information removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform Users of new or relevant products, services and special offers that may benefit them by clicking on the link in any communication received from Luther Automotive;
• Users may refuse to provide personal information to us. This refusal may limit our ability to provide a User with the highest quality service possible.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Luther Automotive does not represent or warrant that the Sites will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Site at any time.
Luther Automotive does not guaranty any online prices for vehicles, services or other products available on our websites. User must contact Luther Automotive or any of its affiliated dealerships for final pricing information.
YOUR USE, ACCESS OR BROWSING OF THIS SITE IS PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS FROM, IN OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS.” ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED.
YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT LUTHER AUTOMOTIVE AND ITS AFFILIATED DEALERSHIPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS FOR INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE.
3701 Alabama Avenue South
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
This policy applies to Luther Automotive and all of the following Luther family of dealerships: Bloomington Acura-Subaru; Luther Bloomington Hyundai-Kia-Mitsubishi; Luther Brookdale Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge; Luther Bloomington Mazda-Mitsubishi; Fiat of Bloomington; Brookdale Honda; Burnsville Volkswagen; Cambridge Motors; Jaguar-Land Rover Minneapolis; Hudson Chrysler; Luther Honda of St. Cloud; Luther Hudson Chevrolet-GMC; Luther Hopkins Honda; Infiniti of Bloomington; Luther Brookdale Chevrolet; Luther Brookdale Buick-GMC; Luther Family Ford; Luther Family Buick-GMC; Fiat of Brookdale; Luther Mankato Honda; Luther Nissan-Kia; North Country Ford; Park Place Motors; Rudy Luther Toyota; Toyota City; White Bear Acura-Subaru; and West Side Volkswagen.